GlowMetrics: Year In Review
As we say goodbye to this year and hello to a New Year, we’ve taken a look at some of the highlights of 2018 for the GlowMetrics Team, and also looked at our crystal ball to predict what’s in store for the year ahead.
Ten Highlights from 2018
- MeasureBowling – The 3rd year running that we held MeasureBowling Belfast in the SSE arena, and the 3rd year running that one of the team came away with a prize! Not bad when you’re up against hundreds of fellow MeasureBowlers playing all across Europe. We’ve started practicing for 2019 already…. 🎳
- Awards – The year started with an All Star award for SEO thought leadership, before ending with being announced as finalists in the Women Mean Business Tech category, the Data Pioneer Awards for the UK Tech Awards, and the Digital & Tech Sector of the Image.ie Awards. We were extremely chuffed to be listed among some inspiring people and businesses ✨
- Spinathon – We put our pedal to the metal raising money for bowel cancer this year, taking part in the Catalyst Spinathon. At the last count, the Spinathon had raised over £1,000 🚴♀️
- Placement Highlights – We welcomed both Conor and Eimear in on placements this year, with Eimear joining us from St.Ciarans for her Summer placement, and Conor who came in as a Marketing Masters placement and is still with us, working primarily on building out our Google Optimise offering but also helping clients sell their product to audiences way across the otherside of the world!👨🏼🎓
- Attending the Summit – I took the opportunity to attend this year, nearly 10 years on from my first Summit and it certainly didn’t disappoint! From making friends with fellow Irish agencies, to getting access to lots of betas and hearing about what the Google Analytics team plan for 2019. The Marketing suite is getting better integrated, more intelligent, and easier to use when interpreting data – a big YEAH! for all 3 of these things 🌉
- Glow Academy – We’d talked about doing this for a while, but in 2018 we finally launched our first Glow Academy Course! Combining Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Data Studio together, we delivered this both as a public and corporate course, and to date, we’ve maintained a 100% pass rate on the GAIQ exam! 🤓
- Partner Status – We first got Google Analytics Certification back in 2016, and in 2017 we built on this with certification in Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio. In 2018 we achieved certification in the Google Optimise product, so stay tuned for our next certification in 2019 😉
- 2018 Marketing Plans – Something we (admittedly) were pretty unstructured with in previous years, going into 2018 we finally had a more structured plan in place and realised 99% of what we had planned to do in 2018. From search to social, and email to event activity, we put what we preach into practice and the results have been noticed in both website traffic, engagement and enquires 📈
- Google Grants – Every year we make a call out to any registered charity who would like help to build their Google Grant application and Ads account. If accepted, the chosen charity can benefit from up to $10k free advertising from Google. This year when we heard about Street Paws we jumped at the chance of being able to help them. Street Paws provide free of charge vet care to animals owned by people who are homeless, vulnerably housed, or any other vulnerable group severely affected by poverty, so alongside helping the animals, they are helping their owners 🐶
- Complexity, Size and Range of Projects – This year was a year of real growth and learning. Looking back at the projects that we worked on in 2018, we’ve never delivered a wider range of Analytics services, and the knowledge in the team has consequently grown and been shared. The work we’ve completed has become more technical, complex, diverse, and connected across multiple areas of the business🔥
So what’s in store for 2019? Client wise, we’re starting the New Year with 5 new exciting projects to deliver on across both our Digital Marketing and Analytics services. We’re looking forward to delivering a new corporate GlowAcademy training course, conducting a series of user tests with Google Optimise, helping clients move smoothly from the standard version of Google Analytics to the enterprise level across multiple EU countries, and helping multiple clients expand into markets across Europe and as far as New Zealand!
We also look forward to welcoming three new placement students this year, from Queen’s and St. Ciaran’s, as well as the return of MeasureBowling Belfast, the first ever MeasureCamp taking place in Dublin, and the expansion of the public GlowAcademy course to be held in Belfast and Cork in Q3 and Q4 of 2019.
We’re strapped in and ready for the exciting journey ahead into 2019, but for now it’s New Year’s Eve, so we’re off to celebrate the year that was 2018! Happy New Year!