In life, we experience many complex challenges.
What career is right for you? Should you get a starter, dessert or both? How long do you really need to spend with your in-laws at Christmas? 🎄
However, how to navigate Meta Business Manager is one of the more complex challenges. We find time and time again that clients struggle with the many menus and complex ways to complete tasks on the platform – while granting staff and agency access to assets is a common bottleneck.
In the following blog, we will be covering the different ways a Meta Business Suite admin can navigate to the correct part of the business suite and how they can then grant access to internal and external parties safely.
*This blog only deals with access to the Meta Business Suite – not Facebook as a platform or Instagram as a platform. Access to each can be managed on the individual platforms.
Granting access to Meta Business Manager for Internal Parties – Member of Staff
1. Enter and login to the Meta Business Suite: https://business.facebook.com/latest/
2. Ensure you are in the correct Business Manager Account – this will only be an issue if you manage more than 1 account. If you aren’t sure, use the drop-down menu on the top left and select the account that is connected to the assets you want to grant access to.
3. Select the ‘Settings’ wheel on the bottom left of the page. Then select the ‘People’ option from the Settings menu.
4. Click on ‘Invite People’ and this will let you grant users access via their email address.
5. This set-up window should navigate you through access to the account itself (partial access or full access) and then to individual assets (partial access or full access). You can also grant temporary access if this works better for you.
This method can be used to grant access to anyone, though we suggest using this as a way to grant access to employees or direct shareholders. The users you add may have full access, depending on the level of access you grant, therefore it is useful to have a few employees with access in case anyone leaves or loses their password.
Granting access to Meta Business Manager for External Parties – Agencies
Note: the external party will need to have their own Meta Business Manager Account before you can grant them access.
1. Follow Steps 1 and 2 from the above guide.
2. Select ‘Business Settings’ from the inner ‘Settings’ menu.
3. Select ‘Partners’ from the left-hand side menu, then the blue button labelled ‘Add’ and the option ‘Give a partner access to your assets’.
The ‘Business Account info’ page is where you find your Business Account ID
4. You will then be asked to enter the external partner’s Business ID (see above), after which you select what assets and what level of access to grant them.
This method is great for external parties as you can only grant external parties a certain level of access, in which you have full control of how much and to what. However, if you lose your password, the external parties with access via this method can’t help you gain access to your assets as they only have partner access.
One Final Note on Passwords
If you take nothing else away from this blog, please remember to keep track of your passwords. As the account holder, you are the main point of access to the account and therefore if you lose access/login details, you may not be able to get back in easily. As mentioned, ensuring other employees have access should help solve this.
If you found this article useful and would like to have more of our blogs, marketing/analytics news and everything else GlowMetrics sent to you, feel free to subscribe to our monthly newsletter (form below). You can also explore more of the blogs written by our expert team in the Blog section of our site.